Monday, September 30, 2013

The good news and the bad news

Two Sister Carter's in the Santa Rosa Mission


Today I have good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad news:


1. I gave you the wrong address, so if you have been wondering why I haven't been responding to your mail it is because I wasn't getting it.

2. I sent a nice big long email last week, but just when I pressed send the computer froze. What was worse, is that none of it saved and I was completely out of time to be able to write a new email. I may have shed a few tears.

3. Sister Van Wie and I discovered that all of the cats we committed to baptism are afraid of water...

Okay, so now for the good news:

1. I FOUND ALL OF THE MAIL!! It was the most exciting thing. All of it was getting sent to a neighbor in the complex who had been holding it for me instead of forwarding it back. I was the happiest person alive. You can imagine my excitement to see 2 months worth of mail that I didn't even know existed. Not getting mail is sad. If you were wondering why I wasn't responding to your mail, it is because I wasn't getting it. You will have to be patient with me thought because I only get Mondays to write letters, so it will still take me a few weeks to be able to respond to all of it. Mom, I burst out laughing when I opened the package (which Sis. Van Wie and I loved!!!) and first thing I pulled out was an open bag of licorice with half of the the licorice already eaten. That is SOOOO something my mom would do. Also, my whole zone LOVED the 4 ft long licorice. They told me to tell you to send more "4 feet of fun." We had so much fun with it!
My REAL address is:

Sister Malia Carter (Don't forget my first name, there is now another Sister Carter)
5203 Old Redwood Hwy
Apt. 48
Santa Rosa, CA
95403

You might just want to send it to the mission home address because then I will get it for sure!!


2. I made it out past 2 months. Time goes by SOOO fast as a missionary, it is so sad. Especially because I realized this week that I am actually living one of my dreams! What an incredible feeling. I just don't want it to end. There is so much to learn and a missionary. Being a missionary, is hard, fun, discouraging, incredible, challenging, humbling, and I love every waking moment of it. EVEN at 6:30 in the morning when I am about the throw the alarm clock across the room.

Okay I only have a few minutes left, so let me tell you about Julie (name Changed)! She is INCREDIBLE! For one we share the same birthday. Scorpio all the way! But actually she really is incredible. Her apartment door was referred to us by someone who wasn't interested in what we had to say to them. We knocked on her apartment door around 6 different times and no one ever answered. We decided we were going to try one last time. So we prayed and told heavenly father that this was the last time we would knock, and after that we were done, and moving on.
We knocked, and Julie answered! I want to tell you all about her, but I am out of time, so I will save that for next week.

I love you all! Thank you for the letters and emails! They bring me more joy that you could know. I can't wait to tell you more next week.


All my love,
Sister carter

No comments:

Post a Comment