Monday, February 3, 2014

Sister Cata

This week I got asked how to pronounce my name... I never thought the day would come when I would have to help someone pronounce my name. He asked me if it was pronounced "Cata, or Carter"? Haha, I was amused.

ONE OF MY INVESTIGATORS THAT SISTER VAN WIE AND I STARTED TEACHING GOT BAPTIZED THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!! SOOOOO EXCITING!!!
Her name is Julianna. I wanted to be there so bad, but there was just no way of making it. That's okay though because I am so happy for her!

I just spent 3 minutes trying to figure out which 'there/their' I was supposed to use -_- . Thankfully I have an English Nazi companion to save the day!

I made a few new years resolutions over the past few weeks. I'll share some of them:
1. No dairy! AT ALL! I would allow myself some here and there, but it hates me. It is seriously out to get me, and I will not let it win. Therefor I have gone off of it completely.... For the record I am allergic to it...
2. Journal writing EVERY DAY! I was reading in my journal the other day my writings over the past 5.5 months and it was so fun to read about the good, sad, hard, miraculous, exhausting, incredible days that I have had. I was so sad when there were days missing because those will be memories lost. SO I decided to commit to writing every night before I go to bed. My mothers email lecturing me to write more often may have swayed my resolve to journal write a little bit too. ;)
3. I want to be EXACTLY obedient. No matter what. It has been so incredible the miracles our companionship has seen out of this. Our teaching pool has grown so much over the past few weeks. I am more focused, more engaged, more determined, more receptive to the spirit, and happier. There are so many blessings that come through obedience.... Not that I was disobedient before... I'm just really strict now, and it feels so good.

I can't get over all of the miracles from this last week! We had 4 different people walk into sacrament meeting from off the street to check it out yesterday. We have had a people we don't know calling us to set up appointments. And, we have been given referrals that we have actually started teaching!
Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about missionary work. The night before I was feeling so strongly about the talk that I was going to give. I knew that the message I was going to share was really important. I literally felt like I was being an instrument in the Lords hands. I was so worried that we would have a small congregation like we normally have been having, because I felt like the message that Heavenly Father wanted me to share needed to be heard by a lot of people. So I prayed. I told Heavenly Father how I was feeling and I asked him if he would provide a miracle and somehow fill the pews. When we got to church, it was PACKED! It was a direct answer to my prayer! There were so many people there I had never met before. Active members, inactive members, and the people that came from off the street. It was incredible. The spirit accompanied me so strong as I spoke, and The Lords message was able to be delivered to more than just a small handful of people. God is so great!

Moment of the week:
Well, there are two... We got a text from one of our potential investigators this week saying, "Sisters, I fear I haven't been completely honest with you...I'm... Muslim" My companions and I were like And?! Haha I think he thought that might be a clever way to get us off of his back. Unfortunately for him we read right through it saying, "That's okay, when can we meet with you this week?"

The other time was when we were in the home of one of our other potential investigators. We sat down about to start off our lesson when he interrupted us, stood up and exclaimed, "Good news, I have been baptized!!" I think he was expecting that our work would be done, that we would congratulate him, and be on our way... Fortunately for him it segued perfectly into him learning about the importance of being baptized by the proper priesthood authority of God.

Love you all!
Sisa Cata






No comments:

Post a Comment