Thursday, April 3, 2014

Farmers Market and Revenge on my Greenie.

The Davis Missionary Team
It is getting SO HOT here! It's not even summer yet! I am going to make all those farmers out there so jealous of the farmers tan I am working on. It is beautiful. 
We went to the farmers market this Saturday again to our Family History booth and I got my first sun burn of the year. 

The Farmers market is the most entertaining place to meet people. My personal favorite is the lady who comes up to us every week to take a picture of us to send to her single, Mormon son who lives in Provo. I can't even count how many times she emphasized the the words single, and Mormon in the same sentence. The poor lady might have more success trying to recruit a daughter-in-law for her single Mormon son if she stopped trying to set her son up with women who are off limits... Missionaries.





Stake Conference is the BEST! Stake conference as a missionary is EVEN BETTER! The spirit was so strong. I was a complete mess of tears as I listened to all of the beautiful messages inspired by God. What filled my heart to almost bursting was that we were able to have 4 investigators there! I truly felt like Ammon in the Book of Mormon who speaks about what it felt like to have a fullness of joy. So many times this week I felt that way. Not so much that my strength was exhausted, but enough that there were no words to describe the joy that I felt. I truly had a glimpse of understanding how God's work and glory is in the success of His children. I tasted a glimpse of that glory and joy this week.

Fun Fact:
We contacted a Former NFL player who graduated from UCDavis. It was such a sweet contact - great guy. At first I was so nervous to talk to him, but I prayed for help and we had the neatest conversation. We talked all about families and were able to share scriptures that came to our minds and bore testimony to him about how the gospel can bless families. We walked away from that contact so amazed by the words that were put into our mouths. I know he will think about the things that we talked about.

Moment of The week:
last night while contacting I totally made my companion back me right in front of the great and spacious building AKA the UofB (University of Beer). I laughed so hard! The best part about it was that it was packed. My companions have done that to me so many times, I felt like I needed my revenge. Poor Sister Whimpey is at the tail end of my need for revenge, but she is such a good sport about it! We got to laugh about it together. Being a missionary is so funny sometimes because you are often compelled to be humble, like when you have to get out of the car to back it in front of a huge group of people. Or when you think you look good that morning and then you walk past a bunch of college kids and realize that you really just look like a frumpy missionary. 


I love you all,
Sister Carter
All the Sister's in our Apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment