Sunday, April 20, 2014

Screaming and Crying on Transfer day!




I'M 6 MONTHING IT IN DAVIS!
When Sister Whimpey and I got the transfer call on Friday we screamed and cried at the news! The whole transfer I was convinced that it would be my last one in Davis. I have already been here for 3 transfers and it doesn't tend to be very common that missionaries get to do 4 transfers (6 months) in one area. So I was pretty positive that I would be getting transferred. By about week 2 of last transfer I started to prepare myself emotionally to get transferred. By Thursday before transfers I started to panic! I realized that my heart was breaking. I realized how much I loved Davis and how badly I wanted to stay. I Love my companion, I love our investigators, I love the area, I love the ward, stake, and town, and I felt like my heart was beginning to break at the thought of leaving. I realized that I wanted to stay so bad! I started to get my hopes up that maybe I would get to stay another transfer. I prayed so hard knowing that the Lord would take me wherever I was needed, but expressing the true desires of my heart. My heart is in Davis.
We got the phone call at about 9:30 at night. We didn't get the voice message so the zone leaders called us. He told us the whole zone, then he got to us and started it out by saying,
"Sister Carter, I'm sorry to say but..."
My heart dropped and Sister Whimpey started to cry.
"Your STAYING IN DAVIS!"
We both screamed and jumped into each others arms. Then he said,
"Sister Whimpey, You are getting transferred."
The look on her face was shear terror.
"Just kidding, you are both staying."
Zone leaders!!!! They are the worst! :p
That night I laid awake in bed for three hours because I was so excited and couldn't sleep. My joy felt so full I could burst!


Miracles!!!!!
We taught the word of wisdom lesson to one of our investigators who stated that he needs cigarettes more than he needs water. When we taught him he said, "alright, I will quit smoking and drinking this Thursday." Wow! Miracle!

Another one of our investigators got up this Sunday and bore her testimony for the first time ever. She said, "I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and I know that families can be together forever." I cried! Miracle!

One of our "Born Again Christian" investigators was going to get dropped this week. When we met with him, something in his heart had changed. We told him we can't keep teaching him unless he is willing to follow through with his commitments. So he said, "Okay I will do it." We committed him to read the book of Mormon, pray to know if the book of Mormon is true, and come to a fireside that Sunday night since he couldn't come to church. He said, "Alright I'll do it." That was HUGE!!! What was better is that he actually came and set another appointment up with us. MIRACLE!

Another investigator has determined to finish the Book of Mormon this week, and I have no doubt that he will do it. Ahhh, so many miracles!

I love these people so much. I never thought it could be possible to love someone who is not connected to you as much as I do. I have gotten a glimpse of how the Savior must feel toward God's children. It is hard not to Love when you are so invested in them.

One more miracle... Friday night! We met a Lady and her husband outside their yard. She was sitting in a lawn chair drinking beer watching the kids play, while her husband worked on his truck. When we approached them we noticed right away a huge bruise on her left eye. as we talked to her husband we noticed he had a really strange attitude towards all of the things we were talking about. He kept on talking about about how he does everything right and how he prays every night to God and how much of a good person he is. His wife just sat there very quietly staring down at her bear glass. As we kept talking she started to cry. It was obvious that she was using all of her will power to keep her tears in. Finally we started talking to her and she started crying harder. We asked her if everything was alright and she said yes. she kept looking at her husband for approval and then said I just feel like God is calling me to come back. We set up an appointment to meet with her this Wednesday morning. Sister Whimpey and I walked away with the worst pit in our stomachs. We couldn't shake the feeling of the spirit telling us that this woman was being beaten by her husband, that God loves her, and that we were sent as angels in her life.

Where there is good there must always be opposition. This weekend was Picnic Day. College students can be so nasty! We saw more drunk student butts and cleavage than any one person should ever have to endure. Sick!

Love,
Sister Carter

Ps. This transfer I will hit my official half way mark, I get to go to the temple, and I get to SKYPE MY FAMILY!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment